The WRAP Fund has partnered with Galway Film Centre and the BAI to launch Ireland’s newest podcast The CrewCall Podcast. Hosted by Galway’s Linda Bhreathnach, the six-part series features creative talent from often underexplored areas of the Irish film & television industry. For anyone with an interest in the booming sector, the podcast gives listeners the chance to learn from experts in their field including Mary Pike, Eimear O’Grady, Linda Gannon, Steve Lynch, Peadar Cox and Barry Conroy.
Helmed by Linda Bhreathnach who herself is an award-winning writer, director and actress, each episode delves into the craft, career trajectories and anecdotes of a diverse range of professionals from critical fields in screen production which are not regularly spotlighted ranging from stunts to music to lighting. The guests include:
- Barry Conroy (Gaffer)
- Peadar Cox (Dialect Coach, Translator, Writer & Actor)
- Linda Gannon Foster (Hair Designer)
- Steve Lynch (Composer)
- Eimear O’Grady (Stuntwoman & Stunt Coordinator)
- Mark Pike (3D Modeller, Set Designer & Draftsperson)
For Linda Bhreathnach, “it has been a great honour to be the presenter of this series. I am passionate about Westerners having sustainable jobs within the film industry, so I was thrilled to have the opportunity to talk to these great guests and share their inspiring stories. I hope that the listeners will learn more about all the exciting career options within our industry and find encouragement from our guests to help develop their own work”.
All six episodes are freely available from today (09th March,2022) on Spotify and the usual podcast platforms. Join in the conversation on social media by using the #GFCCrewCallPodcast.
The CrewCall Podcast is brought to audiences by Galway Film Centre in association with the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland (BAI) and Western Region Audiovisual Producers Fund (WRAP Fund).
Tá an podchraoladh is nuaí in Éirinn, The CrewCall Podcast, seolta ag Ionad Scannán na Gaillimhe i gcomhar le hÚdarás Craolacháin na hÉireann agus leis an gCiste WRAP. Curtha i láthair ag Linda Bhreathnach, as Gaillimh, tabharfar tús áite sa tsraith sé chuid seo do thallann chruthaitheach ó réimsí de thionscal scannán agus teilifíse na hÉireann nach minic a ndéantar trácht orthu. Don té a bhfuil spéis aige san earnáil seo faoi bhláth, tabharfar deis leis an tsraith seo eolas a chur ar na réimsí sin ó na saineolaithe iad féin lena n-áirítear Mary Pike, Eimear O’Grady, Linda Gannon, Steve Lynch, Peadar Cox agus Barry Conroy.
Faoi stiúir Linda Bhreathnach, scríbhneoir, stiúrthóir agus aisteoir a bhfuil gradaim buaite aici, tabharfar léargas ar an gceird i ngach eagrán chomh maith le treochtaí gairme agus scéalta éagsúla na ndaoine gairmiúla ó réimsí fíorthábhachtacha i gcúrsaí léirithe scáileáin, ar réimsí iad nach dtugtar aird rómhinic orthu, éachtaí, ceol agus soilsiú ina measc. I measc na n-aíonna beidh:
– Barry Conroy (Saoiste)
– Peadar Cox (Cóitseálaí Canúna, Aistritheoir, Scríbhneoir & Aisteoir)
– Linda Gannon Foster (Dearthóir Gruaige)
– Steve Lynch (Cumadóir)
– Eimear O’Grady (Éachtóir & Comhordaitheoir Éachta)
– Mary Pike (Mionsamhaltóir 3T, Dearthóir Seit & Línitheoir)
Is éard a dúirt Linda Breathnach, “Is mór an onóir dom a bheith mar láithreoir ar an seó seo. Bhí sé an-suimiúil a bheith ag caint leis na haíonna ar fad. Tá mé paiseanta faoi rólanna agus jabanna a bheith ag muintir an Iarthair i scannánaíocht agus mar sin bhí mo chroí go hiomlán san obair. Tá súil agam go dtaitneoidh sé le daoine agus go spreagfaidh sé dream a bhfuil suim acu san obair scannánaíochta dul chun cinn a dhéanamh ina gcuid oibre féin”.
Tá na sé eagrán ar fad ar fáil saor in aisce ón lá inniu ar aghaidh (09 Márta, 2022) ar Spotify agus ar na gnáthardáin do phodchraoltaí. Glac páirt sa chomhrá ar na meáin shóisialta trí úsáid a bhaint as #GFCCrewCallPodcast.
Ionad Scannán na Gaillimhe i gcomhar le hÚdarás Craolacháin na hÉireann (BAI) agus Ciste Western Region Audiovisual Producers (Ciste WRAP) atá ag cur an Podchraoladh CrewCall faoi bhráid an lucht éisteachta.
About The Host
Linda Bhreathnach is an Irish writer, director, and actress. From Ros Muc, Connemara in the West of Ireland, she played the part as Róise de Burca in the long-running soap opera Ros na Rún. Bhreathnach also had a starring role in the critically acclaimed political drama The Running Mate and in the BBC/TG4 drama Seacht / Seven. She wrote and directed the short film Adulting, among other awards it won best short film at the London Irish Film festival, and she won a Rising Star Award with Irish Screen America (New York and Los Angeles) for her work on it. In 2017, she wrote and directed Native, a short film shot in Ireland starring Patrick Bergin. In 2018, Bhreathnach released the short film My Mother Is My Priest. The film is described as a ‘celebration of mothers’ and was released by Linda Bhreathnach Films. More recently, Linda wrote the screenplay Girleen, a contemporary film on the life of women and girls in the modern world and is now the proud host of The Crew Call Podcast.
About the Guests
- Barry Conroy – Barry is a Gaffer with an extensive career in the Irish industry who has worked on productions such as Frank, The Lobster, Free Fire, Dublin Murders, Finding Joy, and Foundations, to name a few.
- Peadar Cox - Peadar is an Irish language script translator, writer, actor, and dialect coach. He has worked on productions such as Calm With Horses, Pilgrimage, Black 47, & An Bronntanas. Peadar also an IFTA nominated actor and is currently a scriptwriter on Ros na Rún.
- Linda Gannon Foster – Based in Galway, Linda is a Hair Designer, who has worked on some great productions including Dublin Oldschool, Deadstill, Foundation, Fate: The Winx Saga and more recently Elizabeth Banks’s Cocaine Bear. In 2020, Linda was nominated for two Irish Film & Television Awards. And alongside Liz Byrne, she took home the award for Best Hair & Makeup for her work on Gretel & Hansel.
- Steve Lynch – Steve is a Composer, known for Irish films like Finky, Let Us Pray & recently Boys From County Hell. Living in Galway, Steve also writes his own song and works extensively in commercials both for Irish and International market.
- Eimear O’Grady – Eimear is a Stuntwomen, Stunt Coordinator, and proud president of The Stunt Guild Ireland. Based in Galway, Eimear’s credits are endless, including stunt work on TV Series like The Tudors, Vikings, Rebellion, Penny Dreadful and Rippers Street. More recently, she was the Stunt Coordinator on international productions such as Highflyers, Foundation, The Green Knight, Normal People & The Banshees of Inisherin, and many more.
- Mary Pike – Mary has worked in the Art Dep for many high-profile projects in New Zealand’s WETA WORKSHOP including, Avatar, Warcraft, and Mad Max. While closer to home, Mary work as a 3D MODELLER, Set Designer and/or DRAFTSPERSON on productions such as Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Alice Through The Looking Glass & Disenchanted.